1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, May 12, 2017

Ready...... Steady.....

.... almost time to start!!!!

I enjoyed Raewyn's introduction post and thought I would also.  Many of you who have joined in with the stitchalong I have known for a while, but there's quite a lot who I don't know even though we may have sewn together on some of the other quilts.

My Nature's Journey top is finished - but I still haven't quilted it!!! 

Chookyblue, who as you know started the StitchALongs was one of the first people I met when I entered blogland in 2010 - and she was so supportive and helpful.... since then I have made some amazing online friends and been lucky enough to meet a number of them in real life....

Please feel free to make a short introduction of yourself - we are quite a good size group and it would be lovely to know a bit about you - no pressure of course, say as much or as little as you like.  Even show us what fabrics you are going to use.

I live in Queensland Australia and have been in Australia since 2002 - coming from Zimbabwe.  Of course I have wonderful memories and friends and family there and miss them terribly but I do love it here and have wonderful friends and family here too and we are making new memories.  I also have a lot of family in the UK so the internet is my BFF.....  Just me and Hubz at home, and a dog now and I am addicted to my sewing...

These are the fabrics I have.  I purchased a fat 1/8th pack last year and used a little.  Managed to get a bit of metreage for borders so I'm set to go.... These are Anni Downs fabrics and I think the little prints will look gorgeous...  The beige spot will be my background for the pictures....


For this month we suggested fabric finding and if you felt like it a smaller item from the book.....  this is one I have made previously - I've run out of time to do another but I'm sure you won't mind if I share it anyway.

It is the doorhanger from Page 31 and I used a variegated thread


In June, although I am hosting I will be absent from blogland but Raewyn will be around to crack the whip and answer any questions.....

So lovely to have you all sewing along with us.... not too late to join if you are still thinking about it....

Righto, Gotto Go.... looking forward so sewing with you all.....xx


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona i have been so lucky to have met you in person a couple of times,you are right blogging opens up a big wide world out there.
I am looking forward to starting Michelle's quilt and i think its a lovely idea to start off with a small project,better go and trace it out now ,let the fun begin xx

Maria said...

Lovely post Fiona. I have also enjoyed getting to know many folk through Blogland.. It was lovely to have met Kris and you on our last trip around Aussie . Also was lucky to catch up with the Brisbane Sunday Stitchers.
I am also using the Anni Downs Christmas 🎄 fabrics but would like to get some more meterage , do you know where I can get it please.
Your Doorhanger is gorgeous, I'm working on my project now and will do a post when finished.

Anonymous said...

How great to learn something about you. Raewyn I already knew through blogs, and missing getting to meet her on her trip to Tennessee. I've been on your blog a little, but never realized you were not native Aussie! Thanks for sharing.

Love Bears All Things said...

OOOh, I am so behind but just discovered the new project today....is it too late for me to join? I may take a bit for me to get the book all the way across the ocean but I'll try to hurry.
Sammie
Mama Bear

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Hi Fiona!! yes, I do love your fabric... should I or shouldn't I?! Of course I have lots of Christmas fabric - packed away in the container! Sigh... xx