1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

August Progress

Just a quick pic and spiel. I'm done cutting the squares and will begin appliqueing them as soon as my typing fingers are free!

Also just want to point out, that the measurements for the finished size of this months block can't be right. It doesn't finish at 27.5 x 33.5. It can't. That would make it too big on both long sides when the next border is attached. Either that or I'm going nuts lol, which is quite possible...


I decided to go with a plain border instead of a scrappy one. The centre piece is pieced and to me that adds enough interest. So I went with the plain arrangement.

Hope everyone is madly stitching.
Lots of hugs,
Kel x

Kel@alwaysapplique

5 comments:

Kel said...

I don't know what I'm doing now , lol, can someone please give me the measurements they have for the size of the centre after the first scrappy pieced border is attached, before the dark border, please?

Krisell said...

At Part 8 the 9-patch-blocks that should be attached to the sides measure all in all 30.5". I guess that the center with the diamond pieced border should measure 27.5" x 30.5" ??

Kel said...

Thanks Krisell, will check my measurements, I wonder why it says 33.5? Ah, the Joys of quilting! ;))

Chookyblue...... said...

the plan border looks good......

Susan said...

I like the plain border too - and it's your quilt - you do it your way.