1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, August 31, 2015

August Done and Dusted

Once again I finished by the skin of my teeth, putting the last stitches in last night.  Phew, with a day to spare.

Firstly the borders went on, continuing to use only fabrics from my stash.


Then I had to make the decision as to how I would attach the diamonds.  I could do like the pattern suggested, ie basting over papers and hand appliqué, or I could baste  over papers and then machine appliqué with a blind hem, or I could do like the rest of the quilt and use Vlisofix and a machine blanket stitch.  After much procrastinating and the month very quickly passing by I took the easy option and used machine blanket stitch.  It came together quickly and I don’t think the appearance of the quilt is compromised.


I'm loving how it is turning out.  It could quite easily be a wall hanging just like this.  I've cut all my coloured squares for next month.  There are now no pieces larger than a two inch square in my bag of scraps.  I then had fun pulling other fabrics from my stash.  Now I just have to cut the small blue squares and the pink pieces and get on with lots of piecing.

Next month looks like it will certainly keep us busy if we are to finish the top, particularly as there is lots of other things going on now that the weather is warming up.

I'm loving seeing everyone else's versions.  Thanks as always to the whip crackers.

Cheers

Janice

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

looks great Janice..........

Susan said...

Looks great Janice. I was tempted to machine appliqué too....since I did that for the centre block....but decided to do papers and appliqué.....a few of us were together on Sunday and thought we could stop there and just make a wall hanging.
But we will persevere.....

pepepatchwork said...

So sweet pink and blue!!!

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

looks amazing...Sept. looks daunting doesn't it?! Yikes we better get on it asap if we plan to finish without a whipping! LOL

Fiona said...

I love it.. the frame is perfect
Hugz