1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, August 13, 2012

whip is being cracked.........

Hello Sal Girls..........
The sidebar is updated.........and we still have lots of letters missing :(
BUT we have 2 more finished quilts and and few tops together which is fantastic.........:)
Some of you only have August to add too.......
WELLDONE
The time to get moving in now.............the deadline is looming...........we must all get finished............I know there are some girls doing some great progress..........some of you may have done some work but if you haven't shared it here we can't see your progress..............and sharing on the SAL is why you are part of the SAL............come on together we can do it............lets see HEAPS of post for the rest of August.............don't be scared to post cause you haven't done much.............share with us and we will encourage you to get more done..............
COME ON GIRLS YOU CAN DO IT.........
WE'LL DO IT TOGETHER.........
THE WHIP IS BEING CRACKED...........
LETS GO..........
If you need some inspiration I have just added a slideshow on the sidebar of the 3 finished quilts...........congrats girls they look fantastic...........
Can't wait to add more to the slideshow.........
Lets get stitching..........
Chookyblue 

7 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Oh, Chooky, I have July and August Blocks done except for the wooden chair. I have ideas for substitutes but have not done the block yet. I have almost finished the strips which goes between June and July and promise to get a post done ASAP. I have traced the design for the pin cushion and am planning on making that one for a contest we're having in October.
Blessings, Mama Bear

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Will do my best....LOL

Jan Quigley said...

I finally did some work on my blocks today after weeks of nothing. Life just got in the way but I'm determined to have my top together next month. My laptop crashed a couple of weeks ago, so no blogging for me as I'm currently using my iPad.

Satu said...

Oh Chooky, I AM hopelessly behind our SKofW schedule. I must admit I'm behind all of my works! So I desperately need a bite of the stitching bee... or something else... wiuh-whip!!! AUTS... it really felt ;o)

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

I knew it! I knew that whip was coming out sooner than later! Oh boy I am one of your slackers that have been stitching away but not blogging! My bad! I will get on that asap! I have just a bit of hand stitching to do on my sewing block and I have started on the strips that go in between. Then I will be all caught up! Then you can spare your whip! LOL

Anonymous said...

i hope to get back to it soon chooky just got to get swap stuff finished.xx

DAWNIE said...

No problems will get to it soon!,,