1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Finished Quilt...

It is a good feeling to have my quilt all finished! A BIG weekend in my sewing room preparing to quilt, stippling and stitching the binding down has definately been worth it!!! I am so pleased how it turned out.



Backing fabric



Stippling done all around the blocks, done on my domestic machine (I call her my big Husky) I think she deserves a bit of a rest now!lol! After 5 hours of quilting!



It is hard to get a good pic of it all



In the last pic, are all 3 of the quilts I have made in the stitch a long over the last 3 years!

Thank you so much Chooky! It's because of you that I now have these 3 quilts!!!! And thanks to everyone in the group who left comments and posted, which encouraged me to keep going.

I will still be here on the side lines cheering you all on to the finish line!! Lol!
Lisa


Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Fiona said...

It's beautiful Lisa.... so great to have it finished... now you can cuddle up in it....
Hugz

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

WOW Lisa, such a beautiful Quilt and I love that last pic with all three. xx

cottonreel said...

You can justifably be proud .

Sofia/MªRosalia/Raúl said...

Good morning...
At last I knew how to com you.
Wonderful! Lovely!
I don't know how to say your quilt is a wonderful.
You give me courage to do something like that ...one day!
Be proud and happy
Maria Rosalia

Sofia/MªRosalia/Raúl said...

Good morning...
At last I knew how to com you.
Wonderful! Lovely!
I don't know how to say your quilt is a wonderful.
You give me courage to do something like that ...one day!
Be proud and happy
Maria Rosalia

Lolastitchida said...

Wow Lisa. It is so stunning and beautiful. The colours are gorgeous and the stippling looks great. I have my top done. Just to get time to get it together and get it quilted!

Satu said...

Gorgeous My Favorite Things quilt, Lisa! And your other SAL projects are amazing too!

FloS said...

Wonderful ! Bravo ! It is splendid!!!

Bedstes Patchwork said...

Wow...your quilt looks great.

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Beautiful. Well done.
I particularly like the last photo with all your stitch-a-long quilts.

Deb R said...

Just beautiful Lisa!

FIONA said...

It's gorgeous Lisa! I love it!! And I have finished mine today too!! Yay !!! What an amazing feeling!! Now what to do next??? xx

De said...

Lisa its beautiful!

Susie said...

Fantastic Lisa! Well done. It looks like a shop - you could sell those! All beautiful.

Love Bears All Things said...

It looks great! Congrats on finishing. The quilting looks wonderful and I like what you chose for the backing.
Mama Bear

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Lisa, your quilt is beautiful! I am so inspired by all of you who are finishing up. I'm almost there...just havent been posting...life has been in the way of that! Thank you for sharing a picture of all three of your quilts...good memories eh?!

Chookyblue...... said...

gorgeous Lisa.........congrats on finishing your quilt and also getting it quilted yourself.......well done.......

Also love the pic of the 3 quilts together you have been a great SAL member.......

Susan said...

Well done - what a great effort