1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Progress on SKOW


Friday night I cut more 1.5" squares for my SKOW - it seemed that I cut oodles of them.
Saturday (today) - I sewed oodles of 1.5" squares -t I still have oodles left!

But I have the sets of little squares joined to their big blocks and most of the rows put together.
I still have the sewing block to finish off - though its 2/3rd done and the joining strips to do.
I am going to take off the last strip - after row 2 and use it up the other way in another place. I just can't live with the 2 pink stripes where they are now and its only sewn on one side so no biggie to 'reverse sew 61.5 inches'!!!  And I might re-arrange the order of some of the blocks.


This photo is missing the butterflies but just use your imagination!


I had to put a dog in because we have a cat and a dog and I wanted to be fair.
The "chair" didn't really do it for me - so I did a Christmas tree.

Sorry Chookyblue that I am not following the timetable - but I hope to be back on track very soon.

Cheers, everyone!
Susan

8 comments:

Susan said...

Not much more to go!

FloS said...

What a colorful SKoW !! It is beautiful !!
Florence

Chookyblue...... said...

wow cruising along well..........no worries about the timetable if your getting it done...........

Fiona said...

It is worth getting all of those oodles of little squares ready... it is looking fantastic....
Hugz

Susie said...

What a lovely and bright quilt!!

Susie said...

What a lovely and bright quilt!!

Jan Quigley said...

Ooooh I love all the pretty colours in your dividing strips. It's all just yummy!

Gisele Bourdon said...

Comme j'aime cette courtepointe, moi qui adore faire des appliqué et broderie main. Je sais pas si je peut trouver le patron.
Bravo!!! c,est tellement joli.