1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, January 6, 2012

Busy Day

After a very busy afternoon with my ruler and
 rotary cutter I am pleased to say I have cut all the
strips for the borders and the columns.....
 
 Background blocks for the whole quilt labeled and ready....
 Lots of coloured squares for the pieced blocks and columns....
Lots more cream print squares for the pieced blocks and columns....
And fabric for piecing on the sewing block..... 
It doesn't look like much but it was very time consuming.....
I thought if I prepared all the blocks first when I start
 stitching I should hopefully catch up in no time.....
Ha ha We'll See!!!!
Until next time, Happy Stitching

Kate

8 comments:

Sylvia said...

You are amazing Kate. I didn't have the energy to do all that so have cut some of the pieces and will just prepare more as I go along. This will certainly help you catch up!

Fiona said...

Beautiful fabrics.. it's going to be lovely... it took me hours to cut it all too but nice and easy now it is done...
Hugz

Larissa said...

Wow, you've done a lot of cutting and sorting there!! I have been thing that I need to do this once I get home from my holidays! Otherwise I just know I'm going to get frustrated each month trying to work out which fabrics to use, lol, in which section of the quilt

Susan said...

Great preparation - and lovely fabrics. I have cut a lot of strips and squares - and even joined quite a few into pairs - though I dont know if I have too many or not enough, but at least enough to go on with.

Vickie said...

oh wow how fortunate you were able to do all that..my arm is aching just looking at it all..way to go girl..you'll be zipping through the blocks in no time flat,cheers Vickie

Love Bears All Things said...

You're very industrious. I just cut the strips, then do the squares as needed. I have cut a few of the background blocks already. Good luck.
Mama Bear

Kris said...

I have done quite a bit of this, but it's nowhere near as organised! Perhaps that's where I'm going wrong. Yours looks great!

Linda said...

Yes Kate it was so time consuming cutting out all of the strips and squares. I did not enjoy that at all.
You are so organised, all you have to do now is the fun part.