1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Can I please buy a "F" & an "I"

As promised to myself and my blogging friends, I took the time today to get back into my "A Gardener's Journal" Quilt.
I didn't realise how much I still had to put together. Phew!

First, how do you check everything out.... Lay it out on your bed as it's conveniently right beside my office/sewing room.


I've completed Block F


And Block I



Started putting it all together and how disappointing to Chop my Carrots off a little. Maybe they are still in the ground?


It's not quite finished so I'm not showing anymore photos until I have some borders on it.

Now it's time for lunch and a rest in front of the tv for a little while.

7 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

You're going good Fiona, I really, really like your colours.
keep on keeping on ; ))

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

That's exactly what I did yesterday - laid it out on my bed. I then laid out the pieces I needed to make the last two blocks. Only problem was hubbie wanted to go to bed. How inconsiderate! ;-). My sewing room is downstairs! So I laid out the little pieces onto some boards to carry them down and not ruin my lay out too much. I still managed to stuff up in a couple of spots.
Like I've said before I am really looking forward to seeing this quilt (or filmsy) in person at GDITC. I just love the fabric and your work of course.See you soon.

Pepe said...

What a beautiful moment when the quilt comes together... :-)

P.S. For you it's lunch time, instead for us in Italy it's 8.16 a.m. I'm waiting for my husband to get up -witch socks are on the fire filled with chocolate!- :-) Happy 6 Jenuary!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Ladies.... I'm loving it too. Can't wait to put the border on tomorrow and then a quick trip to the shops for find the outer fabric. Wish me luck.

Jytte R said...

It is a good stage to be in with the top almost compleated. It looks beautiful.

Grethe said...

Lovely fabrics you are using,looks so nice,it will be great to seeing it with the borders on:-)

Chookyblue...... said...

so close ........looks great..........