1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, January 9, 2011

And now to quilt........

...but the question I have is.....are you quilting over the stitcheries?  I have been looking at the finished GJ top and pondering this question so am putting it to the group for some help......I will probably quilt it myself but am not sure about quilting over the stitchery blocks....your thoughts?

5 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hi Lorraine, I quilted over my stitcheries and like you I pondered long and hard on what to do. In the end I realised that the main feature of the quilt was the stitcheries and that the quilting was just a background thing holding the layers together so I kept it very low key and meandered my way through it.
good luck with your decision and good on you for getting this far.
hugs
Miche'le

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

This is something I've been wondering too. Some suggested to me about doing outlines.

Helen said...

Its always hard to make these decissions on how.... where..... what to quilt, I'm not sure either but I won't quilt over stitcheries but thats a very personal choice.

Good luck girl,

Helen

Kate said...

I didn't quilt my stitcheries, as they are the real feature of the quilt I had the rest stippled by my gorgeous quilting lady, as soon as the binding is sewn down I share the end result....Its on my to do list, which keeps on growing lol

Chookyblue...... said...

getting someone to quilt mine as I can't do that bit.......but I don't want anything on the stitcheries.......