1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Love seeing all the finished blocks!

Hi everyone!!
It has been great seeing all the finished blocks and stitcheries, keep it up!! As most of you know I am recovering from shoulder surgery and will be lagging behind a bit , but seeing everyone's progress has helped keep me a bit motivated!
I can do a little hand stitching in small doses so once I can get the stitcheries traced i can start.
Yesterday I decided on my fabrics and today DH took me to Spotlight to get the right threads, ready to start.
I just got the same colour threads that Annie uses in the book but I did have trouble with one of the colours. The first one in the list, I think it was 167, was not in the shop, the numbers started from 200. I got an Anchor equivalent as they had a conversion chart there but not sure if it is the right colour or not.
SOOO...if I could ask a favour - could someone please post a pic of the thread so I can check if it is the right shade or not.
Keep up the good work everyone!!

6 comments:

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Anita! See two posts up "Easter Stitchin' Here I Come". My photo of my first stitchery has DMC 167 in pictured too. It's kind of a dusty brown ... if that helps. It may be an older colour that has been discontinued. I've had that happen a bit recently when I've been using my existing threads. Wish they'd stick with the old adage of ... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" :0) Happy stitching! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Grethe said...

I have sent you 2 pictures on the email;there you may compare 167 with 3 other colours that Annie has used.Hope things work out.
Happy Quilting.

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Anita, I don't know why but I'll bet that you can find 167 down on the bottom hooks at spotlight. I was at my shop today ( well 20% off certainly helps) - yes the numbering starts at 200 to the 900's then it goes to the 3000's and right near the ground I found the numbers in the 100's as well as the black white and ecru.It probably doesn't matter if you have someting similar.

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy easter.......yes isn't it wonderful seeing finished blocks when we are all using different fabrics.......

Margaret said...

Good to read what everyone is doing and how they are going abou it. the toolshed is nearly done.

DAWNIE said...

Looking forward to seeing your first stitcheries and yes it is great everyone is so enthused